Monday, September 21, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Week 1 Review

Yesterday was the end of Week 1 for 21 Day Fix Extreme!  Here is my review of the program so far...

Workouts:  The workouts are all 30 minutes!  I have been getting up at 5 am...okay maybe 5:10, to get the workouts done.  I have always hated morning workouts because 1. I'd rather lay in bed a little bit longer and 2. I never feel like I can workout out very hard because of lack of energy.  I have to say I'm starting to enjoy the morning workouts!  It is still tough to get out of bed, but once I'm up and started, I feel pretty good.  It is so nice to be done with my workouts first thing in the morning, because if I wait until late afternoon or evening, it seems like things always come up or I'm busy with the girls, or I feel tired!  Plus, I think these morning workouts are giving me a boost of energy in the morning.  I no longer feel like I am going to fall asleep on my way to work! :-)

Here is a small recap of my week's workouts!

Monday-Plyo Extreme: Ugh....lots of jumps with weights!  Not my favorite- but I know it is going to help tone my legs!
Tuesday-Upper Fix Extreme:  This workout uses weights and a resistance bands.  Every move was 1 minute.  You use heavy weights for the first 30 seconds and lighter weights for the last 30 seconds.  My arms felt like jello after!
Wednesday-Pilates Extreme:  I've done Pilates with PiYo and P90X3, but man is it a lot tougher with a resistance band! 
Thursday-Lower Fix Extreme: Lunges, Squats and More!!!   Again you use weights for most moves and each move was 30 seconds.  Again, my legs were on fire!!!!
Friday- Cardio Extreme-This one involves 4 sets of 3 moves that you do twice.  They are 1 min long and you use light weights.  Again, tough workout! 
Saturday- Dirty 30 Extreme- This is a whole body workout using a set of heavy and light weights.  There are 3 rounds with 2 exercises that you repeat twice.  Each move lasts a minute.  The 10 second break in between goes way too fast! ;-)
Sunday- Yoga Extreme- This was very relaxing and I loved stretching after the weeks workouts.  There were some tough moves, but it was pretty similar to P90X3 Yoga so I was familiar with all the moves.
On Sunday, I also did 10 Min Hardcore, which was a workout for the core using weights!

Meal Plan~Container System
The number of portions I am allotted per container are as follows:
3 Green (veggies)
2 Purple (fruit)
4 Red (protein)
2 Yellow (carbs)
1 Blue (healthy fats)
1 Orange (Seeds & Dressings)
2 tsp. of oil and nut butters.

Before I started this program, I thought I would ALWAYS be hungry!  After a week on, I have found that I'm not!  There have been a couple days where I added an extra green if I was eating lettuce (lettuce and spinach have such few calories, I figured it wouldn't matter).  The containers have definitely helped me with portion sizes too!  It is definitely hard to only eat 1 blue container of food.  This is for things like cheese, almonds, avocado- and it's not a very big container!  If you follow my Instagram @fitnesslovinmama you can see many different meals that I have had following this program. :-)

Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles- recipe found at http://www.justataste.com/skinny-shrimp-scampi-zucchini-noodles-recipe/   I did make a couple of modifications (less olive oil and chicken broth instead of white wine)

Chicken Fajitas on corn tortillas


With the challenge pack I ordered, I also got Shakeology.  Shakeology is a protein shake that has all sorts of vitamins and nutrients!  I make a shake each morning for breakfast.  There are many different recipes you can make.  My favorite with the vanilla Shakeology is Snickerdoodle or Cake Batter!  Shakeology is said to help you lose weight, curb cravings, increase energy, and provide you with protein, antioxidants, phytonutrients, prebiotics, enzymes and many rare superfoods.  I have found that it definitely helps curb my cravings, especially my sweet tooth!  I also feel it has helped with energy somewhat, because I am no longer drinking my iced lattes and I feel great even without the caffeine.  I stay pretty full until my mid morning snack which is almonds and a cup of fruit.  I also have had no stomach issues or stomach aches and no bloat!!!  I'm sure eating healthy helps those things too!



I do have to go on the record and admit I cheated a little at the wedding we went to this weekend!


So far I have lost 3 lbs and feel great!  I'm excited to see what the next two weeks hold!  I will be starting a specific 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme Challenge Group in October or November if I have a few people interested in the program.  :-)  It is a private group where we will motivate each other through the 21 days and share recipes.  It definitely makes it easier to stick to a program when you have accountability!  Please email me if you may be interested or know someone who might be or if you have some questions about the program! kstrodemeir@yahoo.com  I strongly believe that this is a great program to kickstart healthy eating and exercise habits!!!  I love it!

You can also find out more about the program here:
21 Day Fix Essential Package:
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/21dayfix?821744
21 Day Fix with Shakeology:
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCP21D160?821744
 






No comments:

Post a Comment