Thursday, December 10, 2015

Tips for Becoming a Morning Workout Person

I used to HATE working out in the morning!!!  I mean, actually despise it!  I always felt so sluggish and like I couldn't workout as hard as I did in the afternoon.  Plus, I would have rather laid in bed a little longer.

Well...things have changed! 
 I actually look forward to getting up early and getting in my workouts.  
Here are a few reasons why:
-I like having that quiet, alone time first thing in the morning.
-It puts me in a good mood for the day.
-It gives me a burst of energy.
-I feel refreshed and more awake on my way to work.
-If I have a busy day planned, I don't have an excuse to miss it later in the day.
-It boosts my metabolism for the day.

How can you become a morning workout person?  Here are some tips that have helped me.

-Set out clothes and any equipment the night before.  This will save you time in the morning.

-Tell a friend, spouse, family member or post on social media that you are planning on working out in the morning.  This will hold you accountable!

-Go to bed earlier!  If you are going to be getting up earlier, you must go to bed at an earlier time!  Sleep is still important!

-Set your alarm clock 10-15 minutes earlier than the time you want to get up.  For me, that means setting my alarm for 4:30 a.m.! I have recently started doing this because it gives me time to lay in bed for a few minutes and relax, check my email, FB, Instagram, and the news.  For some people this might not be a good idea, because you might want to go back to sleep.  For me, it works!

-Drink a natural pre-workout like Energize.  Now this one isn't for everyone and you definitely don't have to drink this to get in a morning workout.  I have been drinking this for the last month on most days I workout, except if its a low impact like Yoga.  This specific pre-workout contains safe ingredients that are scientifically shown to help give you energy without side effects.  It is supposed to help boost energy and endurance, improve exercise performance, sharpen focus and reaction time, increase muscle power output, delay exercise-induced muscle fatigue.  I like it because it gives me a small boost of energy and helps me to feel more awake without making me jittery.  I also like that it doesn't have artificial ingredients or preservatives.  Could I workout without it, sure, but I like to have that little boost, especially for tougher workouts.  :-)  It also tastes good!  You can read more about it by clicking here:  Beachbody Performance Energize
  

Me with my cup of Energize!

 -Give it time!  Don't give up on being a morning workout person after just a couple of days.  It will take TIME for your body to adjust to getting up earlier and working out.  It took me at least a month!  But I honestly love it now (most days ;-)

If you have any tips to share about getting up early to workout, please do SHARE! :-)



1 comment: