Saturday, October 24, 2015

Crock-pot Turkey Chili

While on the 21 day Fix Extreme,  Crock-pot Turkey Chili has become a staple and one of my favorites go to meals! Wednesdays are really busy for my family, because my daughter has both dance and soccer after school.  It is so nice coming home and having dinner ready. If I don't have a meal like that cooking at home, then I'm much more likely to pick some food up on the way home (which would probably be fast food).  Another bonus, is I get to have it for leftovers for lunch the next few days or leftovers for dinner if we're busy. 

Here is what I put in my crock-pot chili:
  • 1lb browned ground turkey
  • 28 oz Crushed tomatoes
  • 15.25 oz Kidney beans
  • 15 oz Black beans
  • 15.5 oz Chili beans
  • 10 oz Diced green tomatoes with chiles
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 1 large Anaheim pepper diced
  • 1/2 jalapeño diced
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • Ground pepper
  • You can top it with Greek yogurt, cheese, and/or avocado.
Chili is something that you can easily make your own. Change up what types of beans you use, add green, yellow, or red peppers, use different seasonings, add corn or even shredded carrots to sneak in some more veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment