Sunday, October 18, 2015

What is a Team Beachbody Coach and why did I sign up to be one?

In August of this year, I decided to sign up to be a Team Beachbody Coach and start a Fitness Blog.  Let me tell you a little more about my why and what exactly it means to be a Team Beachbody Coach.

(If you didn't read my very first post on this blog, you can go back and read more about my fitness journey here.)

A few years ago, I was in a place where I was not taking care of my body and health.  I was busy being a mom and teacher.  My job took a lot of my energy and my focus at home was my daughter.  I was hardly working out and not making very good food choices. That all changed in November of 2011 when I'd had enough and I started making my health a priority by eating healthier and getting in a 30 minute workout at least 4 days a week.  During my 2nd pregnancy in 2013, my weight loss got put on hold, but I got right back into working out and eating healthy shortly after she was born.  The weight came off much more quickly than my first pregnancy.  My workouts consisted of Jillian Michael's DVD's and then I continued with Team Beachbody's workout programs Focus T25, PiYo, P90X3, and most recently 21 Day Fix Extreme.
What made these programs so valuable to me is...
1. I could do them at home in a short amount of time! 
2. They were fun! 
3. They worked!


I had contemplated signing up to be a Team Beachbody Coach for over a year and finally took the plunge in August. :-)

 Here are some reasons why I signed up to be a coach (NOT in order of importance!)
1. 25% Discount-  When you sign up to be a Team Beachbody coach you get a 25% discount on everything you order!  I plan on buying other programs in the future and am drinking the Shakeology, so even with the $15.95 monthly fee to be a coach- it saves me money! (((If you are wanting to try Shakeology, but don't want to pay full price, this is a great option!---Some people sign up to be a "coach" just to get that discount.)))

2. 25% Commission- Now that isn't a huge amount- but can provide me with a little extra income to put toward family vacations, Christmas, or necessities.

3. Motivation & Accountability for MYSELF!   By sharing my fitness journey and helping others, I feel like it is my duty to be a good example by living a healthy lifestyle! With sharing on social media (Instagram & Facebook Like Page) I am more motivated to get my workouts in and eat healthy!  Fitness and nutrition is something I have always enjoyed reading and learning about.  I even contemplated majoring in exercise science when I was in college, so this is a way to pursue that passion!

4.Helping Others: (THIS IS A HUGE FACTOR and my most important reason for becoming a coach!!!) I once struggled with my weight.  I know what it is like to feel miserable in your clothes and bad about your body.  I know what it is like to feel unhealthy and unmotivated.   I now have a strong desire to help others (especially other moms) who are in that same spot.  I want to provide the support and accountability that we need to make healthy changes!  I know that would have helped me early on in my fitness journey! 

5. Resources that Work! Team Beachbody provides me with resources to help other people! I really believe in the products (workout programs, Shakeology, etc.)  I can find out what people's goals are and recommend programs that I feel might help them to achieve those goals.  I am a product of the product (meaning I have tried many of the workout programs and Shakeology) and can share how they have helped me.)  This doesn't mean I am out to sell people a bunch of stuff, it might also just be me helping people by sharing words of advice, based on personal experience in my own fitness journey or helpful information on my blog, Instagram or Facebook.

As a Team Beachbody Coach my mission is to help others achieve their health and fitness goals, by sharing what has worked for me based on my own weight loss journey and by providing motivation and accountability.  I also partake in professional development daily, to increase my knowledge in health and fitness, so I can better help people. :-)

I started my blog "Fitness Lovin Mama"  as a way to document my fitness journey and will use it to share more about fitness and nutrition, as I learn and grow.

One of my goals is to hold a Challenge Group monthly or every couple of months.  A Challenge Group is a private group on Facebook, where I lead a group of people through  an exercise program of their choice.  It's place to share success, struggles, recipes and more.  It provides accountability and support for 21-30 days.  I start my first official Challenge Group on Monday (Oct. 19th)  with 13 wonderful women who have committed to doing the 21 Day Fix.  We are going to rock the next 21 Days!  I am so excited for the group to start!  

I am planning on starting my next Challenge Group on November 30.  It will last until Dec. 20.  It will be a great time to get back on track after Thanksgiving and will be over 5 days before the busyness of Christmas begins!   If you have any questions about what a Challenge Group is or may be interested in being a part of the next one, please private message me on Facebook or send me an email at kstrodemier@yahoo.com.  I will post more info next month.

If you are interested in becoming a coach (even just for the discount) or want to know more about it, please send me an email.

Thank you so much to all those who have been following my blog and posts as I share!  I know I've shared this before, but again you can follow me on Instagram @fitnesslovinmama and I recently started a Facebook Like Page.  You can get to my page here: Fitness Lovin Mama and Click LIKE.


Have a GREAT week!



No comments:

Post a Comment